Classic 107.3 is looking for volunteers or unpaid interns to assist in the Development/fundraising department. For those with a passion for our music and interested in the arts, please apply.
Grant Writer or Development Assistant
Volunteers/interns will report directly to the Development Director and support efforts to raise funds for the organizations’ overall operating budget through grant writing or development administration. Volunteers who are creative, motivated, enjoy classical music and willing to take initiative to support an exciting and expanding arts non-profit organization in Clayton are encouraged to respond. These positions will require approximately 5-15 hours a week.
Qualifications: Requesting a college senior, or recent graduate or an experienced individual with a major in Nonprofit Management, Media, Arts Administration, Journalism or a related field. Some experience in grant writing or proposal writing is preferred for the grant writer position. Must have excellent writing, analytical, data accuracy and verbal communication skills. Applicants must be computer savvy and technology proficient with excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and familiar with social media.
Grant Writer Essential Duties:
- Research potential grant opportunities, donors and sponsors using the internet and/or the Foundation Directory.
- Create letters of inquiry for potential grantors.
- Provide assistance in grant and proposal writing and reporting to foundations.
- Maintain calendar of due dates of grants, document progress and initiate final reports.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
Development Assistant Essential Duties:
- Assist in organizing, and planning of events.
- Data entry. Expansion and maintenance of donor database of contributors and stakeholders. Knowledge of Raisers Edge a plus.
- Assist with outgoing correspondence (appeal letters, thank you letters and donor recognition).
- Provide support in the production of mailings including the creation of lists, folding, stuffing, sorting and mailing letters.
- Assist in the creation and writing of social media content.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
If interested in either position, please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.